It’s me again.
Remember me? The odd chick who used to blog about all that old fashioned mumbo jumbo?
I know what you’re probably thinking . . .
Where the heck have you been, woman?!
Well, actually . . .
As often happens when I disappear for a while . . .
I do have a good reason.
(Several, in fact.)
Here are some of them:
- Facebook & the rest of the Interwebz. Yah, I know. It’s a time suck. It’s rotting my brain. And it’s not really even that fun anymore. I’m just a junkie, plain and simple.
- Books. Yum.
- Work. It got crazy for a while there.
- Kids. Ditto the above.
- Long spring days filled with lots of activity.
- Company. We had fifteen people sleeping in our house last Friday night. That’s a lot . . . of FUN! 🙂
- And speaking of sleeping . . .
- I’ve been sleeping a lot lately. . .
- (Like, a whole lot), mostly because . . .
- Baby #4 is due in early December!
HEY-OH! There it is.
For the sake of efficiency, let me go ahead and answer as many of your questions as I can right away, so I don’t have to do it one at a time later:
- Yes, Ken and the kids are super excited.
- No, we don’t know yet whether our baby is a boy or a girl.
- Yes, we do plan to find out whether our baby is a boy or a girl — in about a month’s time. If you’re really good and eat all your veggies between now and then, we might even let you know, too.
- No, I haven’t had much morning sickness.
- Yes, I am feeling pretty good. (Of course, since I don’t like to announce a pregnancy until after the first trimester, chances are good that by the time you know, I’ll already be well past the worst of it.)
- Yes, we are talking about names, but no, we haven’t decided on any. If our baby is a boy, he will likely be Kaleb Something-or-Other. If our baby is a girl, we’re currently toying with the idea of calling her Amelia Rose. (Let the Whovians understand.)
- No, we wouldn’t actually name a child Amelia Rose, although it is a pretty name. That would be dorky. It would be akin to naming a daughter after an obscure flower in The Lord of the Rings or a son after the High King of Narnia. I don’t know what self-respecting parent would do that.
- Okay, yes, we totally did do both of the above. But that doesn’t mean we would (necessarily) do it again.
Anyway, all of this rambling is to say . . .
Hello! I’m back — bigger, rounder, and better than ever, in fact.
I’ve missed you.
And I really hope to stay back this time. After so much time away, I’ve got a large stockpile of old fashioned goodness to share with you in the coming weeks and months . . . at least until the company, kids, work, pregnancy, baby — and yes, even Internet frivolity — conspire to drag me away yet again.